Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, Old Life

LOL.  Strange title, that one.  But, it’s very appropriate for me.  I am still working on what I wanted a decade ago.  Some things just take time, I guess.
So, what is that?  Well, I suppose it’s what many people want … to show a wide range of people (the world, maybe?) what you are about.  For me, that’s my music.  It also might be my thoughts.  But, then, I have a lot of personal thoughts that I don’t share, mainly because they are mine and not shared by many around me.
But, the list of things I do want to share in this New Year and new endeavor (this blog) is huge.  The short list is …
-          Impressions and experiences of my trip to France.
-          Paris … City of Lights, city of Love.
-          Enya, James Taylor, Gordon Lightfoot, Bob Dylan, Jim Croce, etc, etc, …
-          1974 … the year I leaped and missed.
-          What *is* the Cost of Freedom (referring to my song)
-          Choices … make them or lose them
-          On Aging
-          On “Looks”
-          Missed Opportunities
-          MAS (Minnesota Association of Songwriters)
-          My Father
-          My Mother
-          My Sisters (that could be juicy .. but don’t be fooled)
-          My Wife and boys
-          Songwriting … my approach
-          Evolution and Intelligence
-           I watched three birds a-singing
That should takes us through January (assuming I keep writing one a day).  We shall see what February brings.
In the meantime, “New Year, Old Life” just means to me that not everything changes with the calendar.  I still have similar agendas.  I still need to lose weight (I still need to work on that). I still need to work, period (for a little bit more, anyway). I still need to treat everyone with dignity and respect, even when I don’t think they deserve it.  And, I still need to remember to buy flowers for that special woman who puts up with my silliness and forgetfulness every single day of the year, regardless if it’s a New Year or not.
So, until next time, have fun … in any life (or year).

No comments:

Post a Comment